31 October 2010

Today I ate

Elk for the first time.  Dean had gone on a hunting expedition to Colorado with some family members - his uncle bagged the elk (a cow, not a bull).  Dean grilled some steaks up for us tonight and we enjoyed a fine dinner at his and Lauren's home.  About the pinochle afterwards, well... the less said, the better.  Obviously eating Elk interferes with men's native superiority in the game...  ;)

P.S.  How did the Elk taste?  Well, exactly like steak.  I couldn't tell the difference.  Maybe it was the marinate, but I would have sworn it was beef.  It was rather tasty indeed.

2 comments:

The Blogger Formerly Known As Lvka said...

Today I ate

Good for YOU! :-)

This being said, I would like to share with you my personal tribute in honor of this special day in Church history.

The Blogger Formerly Known As Lvka said...

(And forgive my Luther-like impiety, Father, but I *HOPE* the title of your next post *WON'T* be "Burp!"). :-)