15 June 2007

One of those nights...

...when I woke up in the middle and could not get back to sleep. But that's okay, because there is something beautiful about Matins as the sun is actually just beginning to poke its head up over the trees. So here it is, seven o'clock, I'm on my second cup of Irish Breakfast Tea, the coffee is just finishing up, and I've read the assigned Book of Concord reading for today and done another 8 pages in the update to Starck's Prayer book, posted my quotes for the day on the blog, and caught up with email.

We're off in a bit to buy one of those Walmart pools. Bekah has been begging for it, and it will be fun to have it in place when she gets back from camp tonight. I suspect we'll all enjoy it, and hopefully it will last more than one summer?

Cindi is singing in the Collinsville Chorale this evening - all Patriotic Music. Including that wretched "Battle Hymn." I told her that I do not know if this southern boy can sit through THAT.

Well, that coffee calls.

6 comments:

Chaz said...

My Aussie friends call all Americans,(including you), Yanks. ;-)

David said...

Two cups of tea and then coffee? You must be planning a busy day!

Anonymous said...

The Easy Set pools are pretty good. Our's lasted three years. Require some attention, but she who seeks should find the cleaning supplies. Just be very careful with the chemicals and read the instructions!

William Weedon said...

What your Oz-mates don't know about the unwarranted war of northern aggression could fill volumes, Chaz. ;)

David, I usually do several cups of tea first thing in the morning and then about 3 pots of coffee during the day. I love the stuff.

Kevin, you'll have to help me out on the chemical bit. I don't see instructions anywhere!

Past Elder said...

I had quite a night too -- woke up to find myself challenged to a blog duel! Great Caesar's Ghost.

If you went back to Mother England, you'd be called a "returned Yank" -- or at least I was, and that by a guy who spied me half a block away. How did he know? I didn't even know I was English descended back then!

Fraser Pearce said...

Irish Breakfast - You are a man of good taste.