04 October 2008

Four Dozen

Yup, it's the four dozen day for me. Or at least it will be at about 10 this morning. I sure don't remember getting that old - well, but memory has never been my strong suit (unless it is memory of text). So many blessings to thank the Blessed Trinity for throughout those years - above all for divine forgiving grace. The older I am, the more profoundly true ring the words of the Catechism: "All this He does only out of fatherly divine goodness and mercy, without any merit or worthiness in me. For all this it is my duty to thank and praise, serve and obey Him. This is most certainly true."

12 comments:

Cha said...

You're about 3 weeks older than I am!

May God grant you many (more) years, Pr. Weedon!

Unknown said...

Congrulations!

AmusedMomma said...

Happy birthday!

A while back, you asked about the readers of your blog. I am the point person, who scans your blog entries and reports on them to the family. My husband and our oldest daughter had the privilege of meeting you in Greeley earlier this year and we've been readers of your blog ever since.

Anonymous said...

good thing you weren't born of Roman Catholic parents or your name might be Francis (ick!).

Rev. David M. Juhl said...

Happy Birthday, old friend.

Pr. David Gallas said...

October is a great month to have a birthday (but hey, I am a little biased)! I hope you have a blessed birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Lutheran Lucciola said...

Hey, Happy Birthday!

Pr. H. R. said...

Happy birthday - sorry I always forget.

And you don't look a day over two score and ten.

+HRC

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday Pastor Weedon!!

Enjoy the nice weather of October!!!

I like Pastor Gallas am biased to this month....(only 18 more days)!!!

This past evening (Saturday) I saw the moon setting and thought of you and your comments of the Blue Sky!! It was what I would call a "Blood Red" moon!!! Beautiful what God made for us to watch and see!!

Happy Belated Birthday!!!
Many Years!!!

Yours In Christ,
Darian L. Hybl

William Weedon said...

Hey, I forgot to thank you all for the kind wishes! So a very belated "thanks!" - and happy birthdays to -C, Pr. Gallas, and Darian!

X said...

I'm playing catch up. Happy Birthday! (belated)