03 July 2009

Now THIS is a great day!

Cindi was off to her 6 a.m. boot camp, and I drank my coffee and sang Matins, then off to the Y. Did a LONG cardio - 1 hour's worth - on the treadmaster. I've cut back on my intensity on the cardio since boot camp on Tuesday and Thursday evenings really leaves me a bit worn out still come Wednesday and Friday mornings. But the treadmaster is a nice balance of a good workout without killing you the way the stairstepper does. Anywho, then mixed up the routine by doing all the abs (four machines) in a row; and then all the shoulder and back stuff. Wrapped up with some free weights. Since it was the day off and I had nothing particularly scheduled I took as long as I wanted for once. Then home again. Cindi and I got into our chilly pool (water temp was 74 -brrr!) and sunned for an hour. Lunch and then a nice 8 mile bike ride. Got to see blue birds, yellow and red finch, lots of the purple thistle flower, corn in a variety of states of growth, and the wheat-field which have had a buzz cut recently and look really beautiful. Cindi's for the pool again, but I had enough. Tonight Dave is coming over, and David is home as well - a cookout and then some Liverpool. An altogether wonderful day - this time of the year with the fields full the Midwest is at its best for beauty, I think.

No comments: