31 July 2006

Seussical the Musical

"A person's a person, no matter how small." Last night we went to Belleville to watch David and Anna in Seussical. What a GREAT show! If you love Seuss, you'll be enchanted by this weaving together of Horton Hatches the Egg, Horton Hears a Who, How the Grench, and a smattering of Green Eggs and Ham. What a hoot! Last chance to see it tonight: Ever And Anon park in Belleville, IL at 7 p.m. David was the tall Wickersham Bro (he makes a fine monkey...biting my tongue), and Anna was Maisy the lazy bird (in stunning red! Yow!!!!). Kudos also to Horton and Jo-Jo. The whole cast put on a performance to be proud of.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to David and all. Its funny that you liked it so much, I had heard that the Broadway version was dreadful.

Deb

oh and I think its the "Grinch"

William Weedon said...

I'm from MD - I can't distinguish between the two sounds. You know:

git and get

pin and pen

grench and grinch

All pronounced the same! ;)

Fr John W Fenton said...

May I brag on your blog? Assuming permission, let me say that my Jacque was nominated by the Dearborn (MI) Theatre Society for her performance as Gertrude.

Not just for that reason alone, it was a delightful musical indeed!

William Weedon said...

Father Fenton,

Brag away! That's wonderful about Jacque. That character was one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

I am franticaly trying to find a boys large sweat shirt that says A Person is a Person No Matter How Small. Can you tell me where I could purchase this item ASAP? My grandson loved the show and wants the shirt.
gramashirl@aol.com