08 January 2007

Ah, Atkins!

I just love it when my wife whips up something new. She made us steak-burgers tonight. They were coated in egg and rolled in crushed pork rind and then fried. To add insult to injury, they were topped with melted sharp cheese and then a cream (yes, CREAM) sauce. In short: they were fabulous. I did eat my spinach salad alongside so that I could say that something green passed my lips today. Spinach isn't bad if you pour enough Greek Salad Dressing on top and then liberally sprinkle on the feta. I know those of you who are not persuaded by Atkins are imagining that you can see the arteries clogging even as I type. Not so. The Dr. has told us repeatedly: I don't know what you're doing, but whatever it is, keep it up! Make no mistake about it: I miss bread. But you know, I don't miss one little bit how eating carbs makes me feel AFTER I eat them. Seriously - no stomach aches with Atkins. Okay, okay, commercial over, but I'm telling you, those steak-burgers were tasty!

No comments: