29 January 2007

Weird how

the sadness come and goes in waves. Like a tide. Yesterday was very hard at Church. Though Marianne had not played the organ for a month, it seemed as though her absence yesterday was palpable. Transfiguration is always a joyful feast, but the joy was quite muted for me.

After finishing up the Adult Catechesis and the Youth Catechesis yesterday, the voice was nearly shot. Went to bed before ten and slept through till seven. Today is a busy day too: two confirmation classes in the School, and then off doing shut-ins this a.m. I have two more scheduled for this afternoon, and Bekah & co. to pick up at school at 3, and then two meetings this evening.

More going through the motions than anything else right now. I think that the flu thingy last week zapped more energy than I had first suspected. Talking particularly wears me out - and THAT is something I'm not used to at all! Just want to sit down and rest all the time. That is not me at all!

My SIL always jokes that we can tell we're getting old because we talk about our ailments! Well, dang it all, I guess I'm getting old.

1 comment:

Chaz said...

This way of speaking, learned from David Petersen, may help. It has helped me:

Our sister in Christ, Marianne Altevogt, has come unto mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the
firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better
things than that of Abel. May she rest in +peace.