04 July 2008

Happy birthday, dear Butchy!

Yup, my oldest brother celebrates HIS birthday with fireworks every year [that's Butch holding his first-born son back in 1970 - a few years younger than he is today]. Butch is 63 years old and going strong. I remember so many kindnesses on his part. It was Butch who bought me my first bow and tried to teach me to use it (hey, he is an optimist). He bought me my first fishing gear and tried to teach me to use it (I told you, the man is an incredible optimist). He made sure that I had visited every last fire department in Montgomery County, Maryland as a child (I've discovered he was right about life being all about putting out fires, but not quite the way he was thinking). So to my oldest sibling: Happy birthday Seldon Stuart, fireman extraordinaire! You're daily in my prayers, bro.

No comments: