11 April 2009

Random Thoughts from Holy Saturday Matins...

Today's Psalms - wow.

For You have delivered my soul from death, yes, my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the land of the living. 56

He will send from heaven and save me; he will put to shame him who tramples on me... My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast! I will sing and make melody! Awake, my glory! Awake, O harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn! I will give thanks to You, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praises to You among the nations. 57

Mankind will say, "Surely there is a reward for the righteous; surely there is a God who judges on earth." 58

And the prayer we pray each Saturday - how it speaks to the conversation on worship on the earlier thread:

Prepare our hearts to take part in the eternal liturgy sung before Your throne, and grant that in the Sacrament we may join in the never-ending feast, until that final day comes. Hear our prayer for the sake of the Lamb, Your beloved Son, Jesus Christ.

No comments: