10 October 2007

Wonderful Wednesday

First, it's chilly. Feels GREAT. The sky is deep blue, though we've had lots of fall clouds too. And Cindi made Pumpkin Cheesecake last night.

Second, it was Parent's Day at our school, so when I did chapel this a.m. we had a church full to sing Matins - and sing it they did. But WHERE is Trinity's *Accompaniment to the Liturgy*???

Third, it's the day I get to study the Scriptures with fellow pastors. We meet at St. John's in Maryville at 10 and study for an hour and then go to lunch. The "mutuum fratrem" was the sacrament it always is, and the lunch was a new place for me - a Greek place in Collinsville, 20 minutes from home. How sweet is that? Saganki and Gyro Salad. Scrumptious!

Fourth, I get to preach and celebrate the Eucharist tonight for Pastor Curtis. Forgiveness and life, here I come! I tried to get out of doing it because it butts right up against our Bible Class, but Pastor Curtis doesn't take no for an answer. And I'm kind of glad he doesn't. Bible Class, hang on! I'll be there. Promise.

Fifth, I get to continue teaching Old Testament Catechesis and tonight is the Passover. So after tasting Passover's fulfillment, I get to talk about it. How sweet is that, I ask you?

Sixth, Compline wraps up the day: "Into your hands, O Lord..."

Oh, and seventh, maybe: a fire in my new outdoor fire place thingy. It's definitely cool enough!

No comments: