09 October 2007

You know you've made it in blogdom...

...when folks write and ask you to mention their sites so that others may find them. LOL!

I'm happy to do so, and I am not trying to being a snob about not listing my favorite blog sites on this page. I just don't know how to do it. It wasn't an option in the template I chose to start this blog with and I'm not about to go around scrounging in the depths of Blogger to figure out how to fix it. So I've just made it a habit to mention names of blogs along the way and that will have to do.

Today I got a request from Philip Hoffman from Minnesota. His blog is located here:

http://prairieponderings07.blogspot.com/

Philip's first post there is on not letting come unglued the Gospel believed and lived. Quite an incarnational start to his writings and I look forward to reading some more of his work, and I think you might too. Yet another to add to blogrolls (which is really a great time saver! - thanks to Pastor Charles Lehmann for pointing me to it!).

4 comments:

Christopher Esget said...

Now you've gone and ruined it for me. All this time I've lusted after your zen-like blog interface, but I can't seem to resist adding things that clutter mine up (not unlike my life in general). I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad that your monastic site is on account of you just not wanting to plumb the depths of Blogger!

In any case, this is the best blog around in my opinion.

William Weedon said...

Christopher,

You crack me up! But thanks for the kind words about the blog. Truthfully, I am amazed that folks find the odd collection of rambling thoughts that chase around inside this old head of any interest. It's been fun to do, though, I must admit. I always wanted to write, and this way I get to write whenever I want to!

Christopher D. Hall said...

I'm a poor listener.

Go to http://blogrolling.com/. Sign up (it's free). Follow the directions to put a button on your menu bar, or whatever Macs have, then go to your favorite sites, push the button, and they're added. Next, Blogrolling will give you some html to copy and paste in the section of your template code right before or after the "archives" code. Viola! It's done.

I guess it's the last part you don't want to do.

See, I told you I was a bad listener...all this after you said you didn't want to do it. ;)

Christopher D. Hall said...

OTOH, it's actually better for search engines and page rankings to actually post the http right in your post, and link things that way. Aardvark Alley

http://aardvarkalley.blogspot.com/)

has great tips on such things.